Saturday 29 March 2014

HUDADAK

reviewed by L


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved. www.lipstickandbrunch.blogspot.com.au. Taken by - L.
Craving for some Korean food, I dragged my boyfriend down to Hudadak for some late night dinner. A small local restaurant; with a very casual atmosphere and welcoming staff. The first thing I noticed when entering was how humid the place was, it needed better ventilation inside because it got really stuffy within a few minutes of sitting down. 

They're a typical Korean Restaurant with the typical Korean menu (Clay pot soups and rice, sizzling BBQ hot plates, bulgogi etc), they're signature dish would be their Korean Fried Chicken. I haven't had them before, as they're a bit on the pricey side,  but I have heard of good reviews on them. So they are on my 'to-try' list.

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved. www.lipstickandbrunch.blogspot.com.au. Taken by - L.

Their banchan (side dishes) consisted of; Kimchi, Beansprout, marinated tofu and I believe white radish with a type of mayonnaise. I was a bit disappointed with the small selection.


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved. www.lipstickandbrunch.blogspot.com.au. Taken by - L.
Chicken Bulgogi - $12.90

As they put this dish in front of me, my mouth dropped. The sizzling and the smoke and all that delicious fragrance in the air was absolutely amazing. The chicken was really tender, the sauce was a bit lacking, and would have been good with a bit more. Otherwise, it was a pretty good dish.


Rating: 7.5/10


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved. www.lipstickandbrunch.blogspot.com.au. Taken by - L.
Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap - $14.90

The dish I was craving for all week! BI BIM BAP! It came in a hot stone pot, which is the way I liked it. That combination of the crackling and sizzling as you mix all the ingredient together..is ..the..BEST! As a personal preference, I love to completely drench the rice with the kochujang sauce, the more the better! Overall, it wasn't the best Bi Bim Bap I have ever had but it did it's job. 

Rating: 8.5/10

Hudadak is a great casual Korean Restaurant, that you could enjoy with large groups of mates. The staff are friendly, and the atmosphere is good. Their food is flavorsome, portions are generous and quality is decent. 

Store Location & Information
Shop 9 /309-315 Clayton Rd, Clayton VIC 3149
TEL Phone: 9543 4276
MOB Phone: 0433399575

Trading Hours (Closed Wednesdays)
Monday-Saturday: 11am - 10pm
Sunday: 5pm - 10pm

Hudadak on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment